Baked Cheese Dip with Tomato and Basil


I'm excited about this years Superbowl, yes, me, excited lol. And of course it has nothing to do with football but more so for the sole fact that Beyonce will be performing during halftime, yay! Anywho, whether I'm into the game itself or not I always enjoy cooking things to snack on during that highly anticipated Sunday. Instead of making a big dinner I prefer whipping up a variety of small dishes such as appetizers. I've never tried a homemade cheese dip before and this one caught my attention because of the pretty garnish lol. You can dip this in veggies, chips, bread, basically whatever you see fit, enjoy!


Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Serves: 4-6

Ingredients:
1 cup (233 grams) sour cream
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
8 ounces (227 grams) shredded mozzarella cheese (about 2 cups)
12 ounces (340 grams) shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 2 cups)
1 cup basil leaves, chopped
1 tomato, diced
Extra basil leaves

Method:
Heat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Stir sour cream, mustard powder and thyme in a large bowl then add mozzarella, Monterey Jack and the cup of chopped basil leaves. Stir then add to a small baking dish or pie dish. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and is bubbling. After baking the cheese dip, turn oven to broil and broil the cheese dip 2 to 4 minutes until golden brown on top.

Notes:
I'm still on the fence about the basil. Maybe I should've chopped it up smaller (or used basil spice instead) but it has a very dominant taste that almost overpowers the dip. I think I may try cilantro next time just to play around with taste. Other than that it's a really tasty dip with lots of potential!

Recipe from Inspired Taste

No comments:

Post a Comment