Oreo Stuffed Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing


I mean who doesn't like a good cupcake? I've been meaning to post this one for awhile now but I originally made these a couple of months ago for my dads birthday. This is actually my first time ever making cupcakes and of course being me I couldn't just make a plain jane ole cupcake, I had to try something fancy on my first attempt. My absolute favorite dessert combination is cookies n cream, so I figured why not make Oreo cupcakes! This recipe is super simple and doesn't require many ingredients.

Originally I didn't anticpate posting this recipe at all which is why there aren't any step-by-step pics this time. However once I started topping them with icing I just had to go grab my camera! Anywho, this is a super easy recipe, great for parties, entertaining or just indulging ;-) enjoy!


 I was going for a Tiffany Blue for some of the cupcakes but they came out green lol.


Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 35 mins | Serves: 18

Ingredients:
1 Box Yellow Cake Mix (usually requires, eggs, water and oil)
24 Whole Oreo Cookies
18-24 paper cupcake liners

Cream Cheese Icing:
8 ounce Philadelphia cream cheese
1 stick of butter (Land of lake unsalted) - sit it out until it is at room temperature
1 box of confectioners sugar (1 pound box)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Method:
Make cupcakes according to the box instructions. Fill each cupcake liner a quarter up the liner then place one Oreo cookie inside, continue to fill with cake batter until 3/4 full. Bake per box directions then allow to cool. For the Cream Cheese Icing make sure all ingredients are at room temperature before beginning. Mix all ingredients together with blender until smooth and soft enough to spread. Top the cupcakes. 

Notes:
I didn't list it with the ingredients but you need to buy food coloring if you plan on making colored icing or batter. Also I used a box cake as a quick alternative method but of course if you prefer homemade batter you can make that instead.

No comments: